Help Your Clients Weigh ALL Their Disability Savings Options
The recent ABLE Act and proposed federal legislation on improving special needs trusts have changed financial planning for disabled clients, with new options potentially offering clients better outcomes with less complexity. Can you determine how ABLE accounts stack up against SNTs and when to use them? Do you have the latest information on benefits eligibility and how it interplays with financial planning for disability? This timely legal course will give you the skills and knowledge to pick the right tool for your clients and execute it impeccably.
- Get an incisive update on the recent and upcoming laws and rules governing disability planning.
- Plan ahead, know what counts as a qualified expense in ABLE vs. SNT accounts.
- Get answers to questions regarding Medicaid estate recovery rights and remedies.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Robert F. Brogan, Jane M. Fearn-Zimmer and Patricia E. Kefalas Dudek on April 30, 2018. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
Who Should Attend
This timely guide to SNTs is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit trust officers, accountants, estate planners, wealth managers, disability professionals, and paralegals.
- Special Needs Trusts Legislative and Regulatory Update
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. | Jane Fearn-Zimmer
- Strategic Use of the New ABLE Act Special Needs Savings Accounts
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. | Jane Fearn-Zimmer
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) Construction: New Challenges and Opportunities
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. | Robert Brogan
- Preserving Benefits Eligibility and Accounting for Medicaid Estate Recovery Rights
- 1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. | Patricia Kefalas Dudek
- SNT Tax Updates and Strategies
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Robert Brogan
- Legal Ethics of Disability Practice
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Patricia Kefalas Dudek
- Jane M. Fearn-Zimmer, Shareholder, Flaster Greenberg PC
- Robert F. Brogan, President, Brogan Law Group
- Patricia E. Kefalas Dudek, Principal, Patricia E. Kefalas Dudek & Associates
Date & Time:
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Continuing Education Credits:
Attorneys: 6.0 CLE (incl. 1.0 ethics)
Accountants: 7.0 CPE
$339 for the first registrant
$329 for each additional registrant