Are you thinking about buying a franchise? Are you wondering how to franchise your existing business? This seminar could be for you.
Take a trip to the local shopping mall. Chances are that more than half the stores are franchises. Franchising represents a significant part of the U.S. economy, so it must be working for somebody.
Topics covered at this informative seminar include:
- What is a franchise?
- How is a franchise different than other business arrangements, like a license or distribution agreement?
- Why does buying a franchise make sense?
- Why does franchising an existing business make sense?
- What is a "master" franchise?
- What are the Federal and State laws governing franchises?
- The pitfalls of franchising, for franchisor and franchisee
- What is a UFOC?
- What to look for in a franchise agreement
- The cost of franchising
- Tax and liability protection considerations for choice of entity
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
Markley S. Roderick, shareholder and chair of Flaster/Greenberg's Merger & Acquisition Practice Group, represents closely-held and emerging growth companies in industries that include technology, real estate, and health care. His extensive experience in representing businesses and their owners in a wide variety of business transactions includes: buying, selling, and merging businesses; raising money through private placements and venture capital; development and structuring of business joint ventures, and assisting investors in private equity financings.
Alan H. Zuckerman, shareholder and member of Flaster/Greenberg's Merger & Acquisition Practice Group, has a business practice with a concentration in federal and state taxation, business and corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions (involving both public and privately held companies), estate planning and administration, and health care law. Mr. Zuckerman is a member of the firm's Executive Committee. As an attorney and certified public accountant, he is also a frequent lecturer on tax, corporate and healthcare-related topics.
1810 Chapel Avenue West, Cherry Hill, NJ
Time: Registration: 11:30 am Program: Noon - 1:30 pm
Seating is limited. Advance registration is required.
Register on-line at: www.flastergreenberg.com
- Markley Roderick