Join us at DELVACCA's 5th Annual In-house Counsel Conference on April 13, 2013. The conference will include a choice of 24 topics in a broad range of practice areas, as well as breakfast, lunch and an evening cocktail reception. Registration is free for members.
Sessions and Topics:
Session I: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Minimizing Successor Liability Risk - The Keys to Proper Contracting in Corporate Transactions
- Wicked Wage & Hour Trouble Spots: Is Anyone Really Ever "Off-The-Clock?"
- All's Fair in Borrowing and the Internet...Or Is It? A Discussion on Borrowing from the Internet and the Limits of Fair Use
- Anatomy of a Trial from the In-House Perspective
Session II: 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- Plaintiffs' Use of the Changes Being Effected (CBE) Provisions of the Food and Drug Cosmetic Act (FDCA) to Support Labeling Inadequacy Claims: Challenges and Best Practices for Defendants
- Technology Licensing Agreements for the License
- Doing Business - What Does it Mean to be in Compliance?
- Advising the Board in a Crisis
Session III: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The Top 10 Things In-House Counsel Should Know About OSHA
- Living Every Day with FCPA
- Don't Take a Stand: How to Conduct an Effective and Ethical Investigation Without Becoming a Witness
- When the Left Hand Fights the Right Hand: Contract Conflicts and Resolution
Session IV: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- The M&A Symphony: Orchestrating the Deal and Managing the Process in Harmony with Outside Counsel
- Cloud Computing - A Transactional and Litigation Perspective
- When to Settle and When to Fight: Improving the Quality of Decision Making in Litigation
- Current Issues Surrounding Drug Litigation From the Branded and Generic Perspective
Session VI: 2:45 – 3:45 p.m.
- Deal Making Under the Microscope
- Defamation on the Internet: Corporate Rights and Liabilities Relating to Defamatory Content Posted on the Internet
- What You Need to Know About the New Patent Laws, Including the New Ways to Challenge Your Competitors' Patents
Session VII: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- What Every In-House Counsel Needs to Know About Data Security
- Risk Assessments in Compliance & Ethics Programs
- Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations
- Attorney-Client Privilege- New Developments and Some Difficult Litigation Issues
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Cocktails/Heavy Hors d’oeuvres/Networking/Prize Drawings
Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
201 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Credits: 6.0 Hours
State: PA, NJ & DE
Category: Substantive & Ethics
- Markley Roderick