Georgee Thevervelil is a member of Flaster Greenberg’s Crowdfunding Practice Group and the Business and Corporate Law Department. He focuses his practice on crowdfunding, real estate finance, securities, mergers & acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Mr. Thevervelil graduated with a JD/MBA joint-degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Education in 2010, and earned a B.A. in History and International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania in 2006. Prior to joining Flaster Greenberg, he was a member of Dechert LLP’s Finance and Real Estate Group.
- Represented and advised investment banks, commercial banks, private equity firms and other institutional lenders in the origination, acquisition, and disposition (including securitization and syndication) of complex mortgage loans, mezzanine financings and subordinate debt.
- Represented and advised issuers, underwriters, mortgage loan sellers and subordinate bond buyers in connection with securitization transactions
- Represented and advised lenders and CMBS master/primary servicers in the structuring and negotiating of servicing-related aspects of securitized and non-securitized commercial mortgage loans, including maturity extensions, loan modifications, various consent and waiver issues, transfers of ownership interest and loan assumptions, with a particular emphasis on defeasance transactions.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia, Member of the Board of Directors
- Press Release(December 21, 2016)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute(December 4, 2017)
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute / Business Law Institute(November 15, 2017)
Articles & Alerts
- NJBiz(January 1, 2018)
- The Legal Intelligencer - Young Lawyers Section(June 1, 2017)
- Camden County Bar Association's Barrister magazine(April 2017)
- New Jersey
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D., 2010, Lead Articles Editor, Journal of Law & Commerce
- University of Pittsburgh, M.B.A., Strategy, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., History and International Relations, 2006